Amendment March 29th – We are now open!
We are very happy to be able to say that we will re-open on March 29th, assuming the Government keeps to their roadmap, so if you would like to book skiing, snowboarding or donutting, we are taking bookings. The best way to contact us is to send us a booking enquiry.
As a ‘supervised activity provided for children’, donutting parties and Scouts/youth groups are exempt from the ‘Rule of Six/two families’ guidelines. Skiing and snowboarding will be on a private lesson basis, with social distancing being maintained where participants are not from the same family. The main changes we have had to make from our normal procedures are outlined below, but there may be changes as the Summer progresses and the rules are relaxed further. Our aim is always to keep both our customers and our staff safe.
- We have a side gate, so people will only need to come into the building to use the toilet facilities.
- There is a half hour gap between bookings so that there is no overlap of people, and we can clean surfaces.
- Public sessions have a maximum of 12 spaces available, a maximum booking size from any one person of 6, and a limit of 3 different groups per session. Social distancing will need to be observed with other donutters who are not in your social bubble.
- Birthday parties have a maximum of 12 children, preferably all from the same school bubble. The level of social distancing encouraged will be appropriate to the group.
- Parents of party guests are strongly encouraged not to stay; if this is not practicable, the Rule of 6 and social distancing must be strictly adhered to.
- Sadly there is no option to picnic, as we don’t have the space to make this work in a socially distanced way. We are able to allow you 10 minutes after the session to light candles, extinguish them somehow (!), and cut a cake.
- There will be a member of staff supervising the party, but they will need to keep their distance, so the children will have to push their own donuts over the edge. Parents will not be permitted to go to the top of the slope unless it’s a group of 6, and they are part of the 6.
Public Sessions will be available on Saturdays and Sundays at 9.30, and at other times at short notice if there is availability; Party bookings are available at 11, 12.30, 2.00 and 3.30. During the Easter holidays and May half term donutting slots will be at the same times, but the main Public Session will be at 11, with other sessions according to demand and availability.
Private ski lessons are available 7 days a week, with snowboarding on Thursday and Sunday evenings; social distancing will be maintained if participants are not all part of the same social bubble.
There will be no Beginner’s courses for skiing or boarding until September, all tuition will be on a private lesson basis.
Social distancing within the building while kitting up will be maintained on the 1m+ principle, so you will be expected to bring, and wear, a mask indoors. Once outside maintaining social distance will be easier, but due to the more hands on nature of snowboard instruction, snowboarders may sometimes be asked to wear masks outside as well.
Only the person/people participating in the lesson should be present, unless it is one adult accompanying and transporting under 16’s.